Product Offering Comparisons
EnergyPeriscope: The Most Features with Power & Ease » The Leading Software Solution
EnergyPeriscopeTM offers the best value in the industry. The most features, at an affordable price. We believe professional software tools should be within the financial means of individuals and small businesses - without sacrificing the power and feature set expected by even the most demanding organizations. Our company and our products are built around this philosophy.
There are several other software apps, tools and platforms to run financial analysis, estimate solar, wind and/or energy efficiency performance, and help prepare sales proposal materials and bids. Below is a comparison of some features.
|O V E R A L L||EnergyPeriscope||SolarNexus||ModSolar|
|Sales Proposal Formats||Web, PDF
|Web, PDF||Web, PDF|
|Ease & Speed of Use||Very Good||OK||OK|
|Training, Service & Support||Included||Limited||Limited|
|S A L E S F L O W||EnergyPeriscope||SolarNexus||ModSolar|
|Import Sales Leads||Yes (API)||Yes (API)||Yes (API)|
|Sync to CRM/Ext. Software||Yes (API)||No||No|
|Sales Lead Widget||Yes||No||$$ Extra Cost|
|Sales/Job Management||Yes||Yes||PV Only|
|C A P A B I L I T I E S||EnergyPeriscope||SolarNexus||ModSolar|
|Financial Analysis||Yes||Yes||PV Only|
|Energy Efficiency Modeling||Yes||Limited||No|
|PV Layout with 3D View & Sun Path||Yes||No||No|
|PV Sizing & Modeling||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Storage Sizing & Modeling||Yes||No||No|
|Solar Thermal Sizing & Modeling||Yes||Limited||No|
|Wind Turbine Sizing & Modeling||Yes||No||No|
|Incentive Programs||All||Limited||PV Only|
|Utility Rate Accommodations||All||Electric
Net Metering, Virtual & Aggregated Net Metering, Gross Metering, Self-Consumption metering, Feed-In Tariff
|Geographic Areas Covered||USA
|P R I C I N G||EnergyPeriscope||SolarNexus||ModSolar|
|Set-up or Min. Fee||Free||Free||May Apply|
|Single-User Monthly Fee||$35 - $60||$109 - $139||$295|
|Multi-User Monthly Fee||$16 - $33
|$59 - $109
|$50 - $100
|Login can be Shared *||Yes||No||No|
|Trial Use Limitations||None||None||Watermarked pages
(Not suitable for customer use)
* - "Login can be Shared" means the account Login can be used/shared by different people, at one time. This is helpful for small organizations that may not have the budget nor need to pay for multiple Login accounts.
SOURCES OF COMPARISON INFORMATION: These comparisons come from published software specifications and feedback we receive from users of our software and that of other software and related services. Please feel free to contact us to share your own thoughts and experiences. Why did you choose a particular software? What features are most important to you? What are your experiences with a particular software, its support and staff, the pace of enhancements, the value received for money paid, etc.?
Not shown above:
- CPF "Tools" which was offered by Clean Power Finance Inc. (CPF, now "Spruce Financial"), and reportedly not supported nor offered any longer.
- "QuickQuotes" which was offered by Clean Power Research. QuickQuotes has been discontinued.
- "OnGrid Solar" a "Solar Financial Analysis Tool" offered by Mr. Andy Black (sole proprietorship). This is an Excel spreadsheet that you pay to use.
- Sighten, Enact Systems which are new and have little or no track record or their products are not accepted or used in the general marketplace.
Other options are summarized by NREL at Building Energy Software Tools Directory
EnergyPeriscopeTM is a trademark of SolarReviews.
"SolarNexus" is a trademark of SolarNexus Inc.
"ModSolar" is a trademark of ModSolar LLC.